Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Rape is a hate crime.

Sound funny? Not quite right? Not what most people think?

Why isn't rape thought of as a hate crime? I can think of nothing more hateful to inflict on someone. Maybe rape is not thought of as a hate crime because it is normal and accepted for men to fuck women. But male perpetrated rape, when practiced on women, is I believe a result of the same exact feelings and impulses based on a male need for control and dominance... and a wish to avoid reality... as any other hate crime.

I remember distinctly an event where this idea of mine really seemed to surprise someone. One day a couple of years ago, I was asked about my thoughts on a rape related issue — by a reporter from a news source. I remember the mike in front of my face, and the answer I gave, and the look on the reporter's face when I said I thought that rapes were hate crimes. Dismissal and disbelief... in a sortof "you're alittle crazy" way... was and is the response I get to this idea for the most part.

How the fuck come? I'd like to hear why people don't consider rape a hate crime when it happens to women — really! Do people think that men who rape women don't generally hate women and just situationally find it to be the thing to do? Like men who rape women are really generally okay with women and how they think and what they do, and because a certain situation comes up, well, rape just happens, like it doesn't come from a deep hatred and disdain for women as people? Like a guy who thinks of women as real and genuine can somehow rape a chick? That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Get fucking real. Any man and every man who rapes a woman HATES women. Any man and every man who forcibly shoves his dick violently into a chick against her wishes hates chicks and what chicks are. They hate what women say, they hate what women do, they think women are stupid and worthless, and not deserving of respect — JUST LIKE guys who hate black people and what they do and what they say, or Jews. Any man and every man who rapes a woman hates women in EXACTLY the same way they hate gay men. The hatred that a man who can rape a woman is evidenced in the general behavior of a man in other situations in his life, not just when he is in the act of raping.

Rape is the way that men burn a fucking cross in your yard if you are a chick. Rape is the way that men put chicks in a concentration camp. Rape is the way that men terrorize women, exactly like a terrorist, but men don't seem to see this, and the female reporter who I was responding to who looked at me like I had five heads when I told her "Rape is a hate crime" didn't see that either.

It just seems like people think that statement is too extreme, just too much, like I am just hating men! I have never ever heard rape referred to as a hate crime. Not in newspapers, not on the news, not by feminists... it may be referred to that way somewhere, by someone, but rape is not considered a hate crime by the masses.

Sorry, it is normal for men to fuck women, but there is nothing normal about rape. The social normalizing of rape as a crime that is less offensive than other hate crimes is bullshit. Rape is a fear and hate BASED crime.

Maybe it's because men have really been in charge of what is actually seen as a hate crime... maybe that is why rape isn't seen as a hate crime. Men who hate women don't generally think that there is anything wrong with hating women... and alot of men hide their hateful approach and treatment of women relatively well... but I think the truth is that most men... in a very deep way... just think that rape is a normal crime.

Sorry guys, RAPE IS A HATE CRIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment